The following are update guidelines for how scholars should access tutoring support from coaches through ACTS during the COVID-19 pandemic. For all the latest campuswide updates and guidance, please visit the university’s COVID-19 response site.
For DDEEA students seeking academic tutoring
- Coaching will be conducted virtually or in-person based on the comfort of the student and coach.
- Students may continue to request an academic coach for specific courses using our application.
- Coaching is available in 1:1, mini group (2 students), or focus groups (up to 5 students).
- We cannot guarantee you will be matched with a coach as this is based on student demand and coach availability, but we will do our best and can suggest alternative resources if needed.
For DDEEA students currently matched with an academic coach
- All first sessions will be conducted virtually to arrange preferred platform.
- Please reach out to your coach for details on your sessions.
- Continue to reach out to the ACTS team with questions, concerns, and suggestions at firstname.lastname@example.org as this is another transition for all of us.
For academic coaches
- All first sessions must be conducted virtually to arrange preferred platform.
- We strongly encourage coaches to use Zoom for conducting coaching sessions.
- To create a sense of stability, routine, and predictability, we strongly encourage you to maintain the same coaching schedule with your student(s) as you had prior to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Continue to reach out to the ACTS team with questions, concerns, and suggestions at email@example.com
- as this is another transition for all of us.
For department-specific advising and career services information
- Visit the Advising and Career Services website to schedule virtual meetings.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions.